Leah Tessler, MD
Make an Appointment
I have so much confidence in her abilities, that I referred my daughter to her.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Internship & Residency in I.M. – Mt. Zion Medical Center of University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1992–1995
- Doctor of Medicine – McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1988–1992
- Bachelor of Science Biology – University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 1983–1987
Medical License / Board Certification
- State of California, M.D. License
- American Board of Internal Medicine 1995, re-certificated 2005
About Dr. Leah Tessler
I am a primary care internist at Bayspring Medical Group with a special interest and expertise in preventative care. I enjoy seeing a wide spectrum of patients of all ages and sexes. In practice since 1995, I joined Bayspring in 1996. I particularly value the long term relationships that I have with many of my patients. The style of practice here at Bayspring really nurtures a team approach to medical care involving doctors, nurse practitioners and staff, all working together to take care of both acute problems and the patient’s long term health. This team approach is one I enjoy, and I feel it is of tremendous benefit to our patients.
After graduating from UCLA I moved back to Montreal for medical school and I received my medical degree from McGill University in 1992. I completed my training with a residency in Internal Medicine at Mount Zion Medical Center/UCSF. I have been a San Francisco resident for more than twenty years, and along with my husband we are raising our two sons here in the city. My hobbies include reading, cooking, and skiing and I love the Tahoe area where I can do all three.
Her co-workers describe her as caring, compassionate, thorough and almost always on time.